Monday, February 1, 2010

No Spend Challenge Continues

Back again, after another busy, busy night of night duty! Another 24hrs has passed and I still have spent NO money. Not $1.00 on anything. That's now 3 days, of not spending anything. Quite an achievement I think!

Last night because it was so hot, hubby wanted us to go out for dinner. It was totally unnecessary, as all I needed to do was rearrange my dinner schedule. We ended up having and enormous salad with leftover cold meet from a lamb roast. Everyone was totally happy with that and besides, it would have been too oppressive to go out into the hot wind. The change finally came through and we all cooled down a bit, but then it was off to work for me!

Today is hubby's birthday! He very rarely wants for anything and being so close to Christmas, he's really hard to buy for. What he does love is a good night out to dinner. I have made him up a gift certificate for a 3 course French cuisine dinner, made at home (for the whole family). I already had a small amount of money put aside for the Salmon (a treat for him) and the other ingredients I already have. He loves Pavlova (not very French, but the rest is) and I have a very nice bottle of red wine to have with dinner. I know he will be happy, just to have the enjoyment of the night prepared by me. A beautiful hand made card also goes a long way in his books. His not a consumerist either, which makes for a nice change these days!

So, I'd better get cracking in the kitchen, I also have to fit in a VERY busy kid schedule this afternoon!

Happy making & saving

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment