Friday, February 19, 2010

The End of Yet Another week

Firstly I would like to say "Thank you" to all of the people out there who are reading my blog and providing support to me on my journey. I feel, whilst February isn't quite over, it has been a reasonably successful month. Next month I will detail how much debt has been reduced.

This week has been extremely busy, which means not always a lot of time for concentrating on saving money, however, because my focus is so strong, I have been able to stay on track (more or less). Today will be a catch up day and tomorrow will be for starting to make gifts & special cards for weddings & birthdays for March.

I have lots of small trips away to help keep me invigorated and make me feel like I'm not missing out on anything. The long weekend in March (5-8th) sees the whole family going out of town for a long awaited wedding of very close friends. The accommodation was costly, but I am able to be reimbursed through pre-tax dollars because of my job. There is plenty of bush walking to do and (free) sight seeing. I'm able to cater for all meals (except for the 2 nights that meals are already catered for) in our apartment, eliminating the need for expensive meals out. We're really looking forward to it.

Then there's Easter weekend. We're off camping to a free site on a beautiful secluded beach in country Victoria. It'll be roughing it, but what a place to be "rough". Can't wait to be sipping my morning coffee whilst sitting on the beach and refocusing my mind after the busy start to the year. I just keep reinforcing to myself, that you don't have to spend money in order to enjoy yourself. Just being with the family and having some quiet time together for a couple of days will be lovely. I can't wait. We would normally have spent quite a bit of money on a trip away over Easter. Have saved ourselves ~$1000 at least. Camping will cost ~$200.

So back to today. It's catch up day! Baking, tidying, washing, planning for next week. The top up groceries (fruit, etc) got done on Wednesday. I had $40 in my purse for it. I added it up as I put it on the conveyor belt and knew I was just under. 25 cents under to be precise! I was very pleased with myself, as there were no luxuries, just essentials. Another of my children has just declared themselves "vegetarian"! I don't mind, it means the meat lasts longer between my husband and I. They are good kids, but they do make me laugh sometimes at the things they do. The eldest child does it because he doesn't believe in cruelty to animals (fair enough), the second one, got inspired by a story from 1 of her teachers the other day! Oh well.

Okay, so keep positive. Keep your money in your purse and don't spend anything unless you ABSOLUTELY have to! Pay day next week! See how we go!

Happy Making & Saving!

Martha


No comments:

Post a Comment