Monday, February 8, 2010

The beginning of a New Week

Well, here we are! It's Monday and that means it's PAY Week. On Thursday I pull out the bills folder along with the credit card statements. Then I start chugging along with as much as I can possibly pay off everything. Bills are in order of due date, particularly anything with a discount for paying early. These are already accounted for. Everything that can be paid by automatic deduction (fee free of course) is and then that leaves me with the surprise of what I have leftover. Then I divvy it up after paying the minimums off the CC's (out of the bills account).

The No Spend Challenge is going well. The grocreries from Friday blew out to $37 instead of $25, but still happy to come in at $107 for the fortnight. I spent NO money at work on the weekend. Was well prepared and made my lunch for work (12 hr shift). Had to pay for parking just on the Saturday $8.00, but Sunday was on street parking for free. My night duties tonight & tomorrow night will be free also (on street parking). I find a 12hr shift my biggest challenge at not spending as I am sometimes very tempted by the vending machine in the tearoom. I find I'm getting really good at pretending it's not there.

Today I opened an Oztion online selling account. Am going to try my hand at selling some stuff I have from when I cleaned out my wardrobe. Might also have a go at selling other stuff that I make and see how I go. Will be a good way to make a bit of extra cash (have a really nasty March coming up) and am just trying anything to get me through!

Have to buy bread flour today, big 10kg bag, usually costs $19.95 from coles. Have never seen it anywhere else. Otherwise, that's about it!

Have to do some baking today for family to snack on. Thought I'd try bulk cookie mix as I have all of the ingredients.

Happy making & saving!

Martha


No comments:

Post a Comment