Friday, February 12, 2010

It's starting to Feel Like Recovery

Well, I really feel like I had a win today. I had difficulty trying to sleep after night duty, (massive thunderstorms today in Melbourne) and decided to get up and go and do the bills. I always like to do it as close to payday as possible or more often than not on payday, that way you get to allocate your pay before it gets fritted away.

Well I paid everything as per my plan (and that of debtproof living.com) and to my surprise when I was finished I still had a massive $600 left over. With the extra; I transferred $100 into the bills account (for anything additional that might crop up between now and next payday) as well as transferring $500 into my daughter's bank account ready for the final payment on her World Challenge trip to Borneo in June/July.(I had planned to pay that amount of money from working additional shifts - 6 this month and 6 next month, therefore not affecting my household debt reduction plan.

I thought it was a fluke last payday, as the same thing also happened. Miraculously I found myself with $500 left over. You see I have never had that sort of money just leftover. it's always been deemed "live on money". Obviously it made no difference as plenty of credit was still able to be racked up. We were obviously living well beyond our means. Now no credit is being racked up and I am putting savings into the bank each fortnight and paying off my debt. I have no outstanding bills that I need to catch up on. It all seems to be falling into place nicely. it's becoming very clear that we were wasting money we didn't even know we were wasting. I kept saying to my husband,
" I earn good money, yet I don't seem to have any!" This was causing me a great deal of stress, as I kept thinking the answer was to earn more money. Now I am working less hours (84 per fortnight- 7 x 12 hr shifts) than previously (120 hrs per fortnight - 6 days per week) and I have plenty of time to make everything in order to reduce my costs and save money by being more organised.

This year is going to be an incredible year. I can feel it. A year for personal growth, getting rid of the debt and also realising that my family is the most important thing in the world. I love what I am an achieving for them!

Happy making & saving

Martha:))

No comments:

Post a Comment