Saturday, January 30, 2010

Making Day

So, Saturday and I find I have a peaceful day, with everyone out. Time to do some mending, underwear, jumpers, long-sleeve tees and some cooking for dinner tonight.

I feel revived that I can now just hum along with what we have and make things out of nothing!

Have been also enjoying some free advice from my friends at www.simplesavings.com.au where you can get information on just about anything. 

Off to work tonight and a busy week with shifts next week, so am on a mission to ensure all of what we are going to need for next week is up to date, preventing us from making unnecessary purchases. 

My family love having homemade lunches and one of my son's friends commented once, that "your mum musn't work because you always have great stuff in your lunch box". I guess it's just a matter of prioritising.

Well, here's for a zero spend week next week (with the exception of essentials)! I'll put it up daily and see how I go!

Happy making!

Martha

6 comments:

  1. Hi Martha,
    Wishing you all the best of luck with your debt reduction. I've just started to blog myself.

    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support. It turns it into even more of a real challenge by using the blog. I share common life goals with you. Take care and good luck with what you have a head of you. Stay focused and hopefully life will see you pleasantly surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Martha, I found you via Simple Savers. I love your blog! Ill be checking back regularaly. Good luck in your endeavours. You're in Melbourne, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks Tan. I am in Melbourne. The blog is really helping. what are you goals this year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Martha, I took a redundancy late last year, so Im a SAHM for the first time ever! Bascially the aim is to survive and thrive on my Hubbys income for as long as possible. Where do you shop mainly?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tan, I always shop at Aldi and Little Saigon markets in Footscray for all of my fresh provisions. I easily manage my grocery shopping on ~$70 a week or slightly over for a family of 4 (3 adults 1 child who eats like a horse). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete