Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pay Week Again!

Well, it's that time again, where the money comes into the bank account as quickly as it will go out. It will be grocery shopping today, may spend about $75 as I need to stock up on a few things, but we'll see how that goes.

This pay period I will increase my mortgage repayment by $70(per fortnight), just to ensure that I always stay ahead in my repayments as well as ensuring that I can always afford the repayments as interest rates continue to rise again. I remember finding it really difficult when they were around 9%, so am trying to keep ahead now by paying the mortgage as if it were at a slightly higher interest rate.

I will also be increasing my savings per fortnight by 10% of what I currently save. It's not much, but by increasing it each month I hope that I get to the point where I can actually save 10% of my pay each fortnight without missing it. At the moment, I would definitely miss it!

We had the long weekend away in country Victoria for our friend's wedding and didn't totally blow the budget. The country side was fabulous and we totally enjoyed the fresh country air and being with our friends to celebrate such a special occasion with them. The bride was glowing and the groom just a little nervous, but what a romantic wedding, full of spontaneity, laughter and pure joy. They are a very special couple! From a financial point of view, we managed to pretty well stay on track and still have a great time. We stopped off at a fabulous Cheese factory and had a small splurge on the way home. Will ration it out over the next few weeks.

The start of this week also sees me well in control of the enormous outgoings that I have. Last week I was feeling very uneasy about all of that, but now I can see that there are no shortfalls and everything will be paid in full, without the use of credit! Over $10,000! I feel very proud of that achievement.

Having all of the bills paid up on time also gives me a sense of security. I can see this year being on track for achieving my very important goals!

Lots of organinsing to do today and tomorrow, before starting 4 shifts of night duty!

Happy making & saving!

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment