Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Another 24hours!

Another 24hours has past, and here goes details of the spending!

It was hubby's birthday yesterday, made his card along with his invite for a 3 course French dinner. Set the table beautifully, like a restaurant. Was great!

Costs
Salmon $18.21
yeast (had run out) $ 3.75
turkish bread $4.50
parking $0.50
Leek/potatoes/fruit $5.94
Total $32.90

Not bad I thought, given normally if I were to do this sort of thing I would get very carried away and ending up spending more than I would if I bought a gift or we went out for dinner. Everyone had a lovely night, so the whole family benefited from it. He really enjoyed his birthday night.

You see, I'm really trying to create positive experiences for the whole family through not spending. Particularly at their ages (19 & 14 1/2) when they are getting their own money. I want them to see that it's not what you spend necessarily, but what you spend it on. Is it just being wasted or do you stand to be able to get more money from it. Or will it get you a really enjoyable memory or will it just create debt and misery down the track? A great read to help motivate is Not Buying It, My Year Without Shopping, by Judith Levine.


Now back on the No Spend for the rest of the week. Have to start making wedding cards ready for next month! Now that's going to be a challenge!

Happy making and saving!

Martha


No comments:

Post a Comment